Sunday, April 6, 2008

Drive like there are plants in the car.

Yesterday Noah and I went to Armstrong Garden Center to find some plants for the house. We ended up with two beautiful plants, that are rather large. I set one in the hatch back of my car and one on the floor of the passenger side front seat. As I was driving home, entering and exiting the freeways, turn hard curves up to South Park, and stopping at lights, I found myself being very cautious because I didn't want to tip the plants over and end up with soil all over the floor of my car. I drove a little more slowly, turned more carefully, and began to break sooner at stop signs and lights.

Then I began to wonder why I don't always drive this way. Noah is much more precious cargo than some stupid plants. I certainly don't drive like a maniac or anythng, but I don't think my driving habits changed a bit once I added another human being into the mix. So from now on I'm going to always drive as though I have plants in the car. Keeping my imaginary plants from tipping over will probably keep myself and my child safer.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Aw. I recently did the thing to protect a dessert I was carting to a potluck. Thanks for putting this into perspective for us, wise lady.

KB said...

Ha! So true. I'm going to remember this.